Private yoga therapy sessions are trauma informed, and provide a safe, supportive container for you to progress towards increased health and well being.
Yoga Therapy is a self-empowering process that integrates the technical, therapeutic and spiritual applications of yoga & Ayurveda with an in-depth understanding of western anatomy, physiology and body-mind psychology, in order to stimulate, and maintain an optimum state of health.
Your initial visit will include a thorough intake, and assessment. Follow-up sessions can be focused towards exploring how the practices of yoga can clarify and address your unique needs, and goals, as well as on developing and maintaining a personalized, daily practice (sadhana).
Sessions are an invitation to explore cultivating attitudes and actions that support your natural healing process, and to release attitudes and actions that do not. As a holistic approach to healing, yoga therapy recognizes the deep inter-connectedness of your body, psyche and spirit. Creating awareness is the first step to cultivating change in your body and mind. Through deepened self-awareness and increased self-knowledge, you become empowered with the skills necessary to transform and heal your body, mind and spirit.
Techniques that may be offered during yoga therapy sessions include:
- physical postures/stretches
- breath work
- meditation, and mindfulness practices
- somatic and transpersonal counseling
- Ayurvedic assessment and nutritional, and lifestyle consultation
- Thai Massage assists (only upon request)
- exploration of emotional/mental states through dialogue and visualizations
- Trauma Center Trauma Sensitive Yoga (TCTSY)
- Yoga for Addiction Recovery
- iRest Yoga Nidra
Yoga therapy is beneficial for (and not limited to):
- recovering from a chronic injury, or illness (cancer, Parkinsons)
- relief from chronic pain, and muscular tension
- increasing physical strength, stability, flexibility, and balance
- correcting structural and postural mis-alignments of the body
- recovering from addiction, complex/developmental trauma and PTSD/C-PTSD
- relieving acute/chronic stress, anxiety, and depression, and cultivating mind-body resilience
- cultivating healthier relationships (with oneself, and others)
- improving clarity, motivation and energy
- feeling of deep relaxation and contentment
Individual sessions are 90 minutes, and follow-up sessions are 75 / 90 minutes. A minimum of 3 sessions is recommended.